The planned Maryville to Townsend Greenway is over 14 miles in length and is designed to be constructed in two-phases.
- Phase 1: Maryville to Heritage High School
- Phase 2: Heritage High School to Townsend
A master plan to evaluate the most feasible route for the greenway was completed in 2014. It recommended an alignment following the U.S. Highway 321 Corridor.
Master Plan Documents
- Cover, Table of Contents, Section I: Executive Summary, Section II: Introduction
- Section III: Opportunities and Constraints
- Section IV: Corridor Design
- Section V: Public Process, Section VI: Economic, Social, and Health Impact Analysis, Section VII: Overall Recommendations
- Appendix A, B, C, and D
The Regional Greenway Council hired SRW & Associates to help study the feasibility of raising funds to build the greenway from Maryville to Townsend. The availability of state and federal funding may be limited, so the potential for raising private funds is being explored.